Start your own Calls from Home radio show
How are people using Thousand Kites radio in their communities:
- In Maine, a prison reform advocate played Kites radio for prisoners at the Hancock Jail and facilitated a discussion afterward.
- In Virginia, a prison-reform group played a program for state legislators as part of an effort to educate them about the criminal justice system.
- In Washington State, a prison activist group used a ten-minute program as part of a fundraising house party.
- At the Louisiana State Prison in Angola, prisoners aired Kites radio on their prisoner-run station, WLSP.
- In Kentucky, California and New York, educators are using Kites radio as part of their curricula for classes.